Windsor Transportation Club Honour a Trucker Contest!
Let’s face it, 2020 has been a challenging year! Despite a global pandemic, Truckers and members of the transportation industry have remained on the front lines ensuring that we all have food, supplies, and other items to keep us all going during this difficult time. This year, in honour of National Truck Driver appreciation week, the Windsor Transportation Club would like to honour some of our most deserving truckers!
Do you know a trucker in the Windsor-Essex county area who fits any of the following criteria?
· A trucker who goes above and beyond the call of duty.
· A trucker who is truly dedicated to the transportation industry?
· A trucker who is truly dedicated to road safety?
· A trucker who takes time to train, mentor, and guide the next generation of road warriors?
· A trucker who is truly deserving of industry recognition?
If so, nominate them for the Windsor Transportation Club’s Honour a Trucker contest by September 11, 2020.
Contest Rules, Details and Timelines:
To nominate a deserving trucker, simply complete the nomination form and return it by email to [email protected] no later than 11:59pm on September 11, 2020.
· All submissions must be received no later than Sunday September 11, 2020 at 11:59pm.
· All nominees MUST reside within Windsor and/or Essex County or be a driver of a Windsor Transportation Club Corporate Member.
· Submissions will be reviewed by the Windsor Transportation Club board of directors. Five finalists will be chosen by the Windsor Transportation Club’s board members based on an assessment of the following:
o Has the individual gone above and beyond the call of duty?
o Has the individual made a difference in the industry?
o Has the individual shown exceptional dedication to the industry and/or industry safety?
· Finalists decisions are at the discretion of the board of directors and are final.
· Finalists will be notified by September 15, 2020.
· A summary of the finalist nominees will be posted on the Windsor Transportation Club’s social media outlets (Facebook and Instagram) by September 16, 2020.
· The general public will have an opportunity to vote for their favorite finalist on Facebook and Instagram between September 16 – 19th, 2020.
· The number of likes will be tabulated by adding the likes from both Facebook and Instagram for each finalist. The 3 finalists with the most likes will win our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes respectively.
· The Windsor Transportation Club reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments and/or posts related to the contest.
· The Windsor Transportation Club reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any negative or inappropriate comments and/or posts related to the contest as it sees fit.
· The winners will be announced on September 21st, 2020 and will be formally recognized at the Windsor Transportation Club Highway Carrier Night.
· Prizes are as follows, however, the Windsor Transportation Club reserves the right to modify prizes at its discretion:
o 1st Prize: $100 gift card to The Keg Restaurant and a 1 year Sirius/XM radio subscription.
o 2nd Prize: A $100 Visa Gift Card
o 3rd Prize: A $50 Tim Horton’s gift card and a wine appreciation basket